At IT GuidePoint, we believe that understanding the top reasons behind ERP failure is an important first step in the success of your ERP implementation.
It is estimated that 70% of ERP implementations fail. This accounts for everything from cost overruns, not meeting original go-live date, missing "must-need" business functionality, and low levels of employee engagement.
Here are the top five reasons for ERP failure:
- Lack of senior executive engagement in the decision-making process, and in the actual project once it begins
- A lack of defined goals, ROI, and a statement of what "success looks like" for the initiative
- Re-implementing your existing business processes - just copying exactly what you have
- Inaccurate master data that "feeds" your ERP system (this includes pricing, BOM, routings, labor rates, workstations, etc.)
- Lack of understanding and planning in the areas of workflows, reports, interfaces to your legacy system and the forms that you utilize at your firm
When you hire us for ERP planning, we'll help you uncover the root source of failure and remediate it before it impacts your business. Schedule an appointment today!